community-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: commit rights to ComDev non-community.a.o site resources
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 18:21:18 GMT
Hello Benjamin,

thanks for contacting us. Contributions are welcome to the Apache Ant project.

One way of contributing is to look at the bug database, in the case of Ant it is in Bugzilla
and picking one or several entries and try to either evaluate/update existing patches or to
create a solution including code, test cases and documentation changes.

You can also come up with your own suggestions of improvement/extension/…

I am unfortunately these days not very active in Apache Ant, but the best contact points for
Apache Ant are the distribution lists user@ant.apache.org and dev@ant.apache.org.

If you are interested I also recommend that you try to help with Apache Ivy which is also
part of the Apache Ant project.

Best regards,

Antoine

On Mar 14, 2015, at 2:11 PM, Benjamin Spero <benspero@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hi Antoine,
>
> I’m new to java development.  I need more experience in writing java code.  I read
your background and I would like to help in the Apache Ant project.  I would appreciate your
advice.