community-dev mailing list archives

From David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Using id.apache.org
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:07:35 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for your quick responses

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Konstantin Kolinko <knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I’ve been away from working with Apache releases for a few years now. Seems I missed
out (didn’t pay attention) to some important credentials migration instructions. I’d like
to be able to ssh to people.apache.org <http://people.apache.org/>, and also get my
LDAP account setup. Can anyone help me with this? Do I need to create an Infra JIRA? I see
that id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org/> is self-provisioning, but its not really
clear what I need to do there.

> It is HTTPS, not insecure HTTP.
>
> https://id.apache.org/ <https://id.apache.org/>

Yes of course just a typo, http redirects to https

> Can you login there?
> https://reference.apache.org/committer/id#pwd <https://reference.apache.org/committer/id#pwd>

yes

> Guide on setting up SSH key authentication:
> https://reference.apache.org/committer/newaccount#ssh-setup <https://reference.apache.org/committer/newaccount#ssh-setup>

Thanks,  you’ve pointed out something I am missing at id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org/>.

"All ASF servers require that you use a key based login. The first steps are to generate the
key on your local desktop (not on people.apache.org) and then upload your authorized keys
to your Apache LDAP account. “

Appears I need to get my authorized keys entered into the form at id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org/>.
I see a text input:

SSH Key (authorized_keys line):

Not really sure what Im supposed to enter here

(taylor@apache.org <mailto:taylor@apache.org>), and PMC member of Apache Portals)

> Why do you need people.a.o to make a release?

I don’t, but I thought failing to ssh to people.apache.org was for the same reason as to
why I cannot upload trying to publish a release candidate, I get an unauthorized error

[INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy
(default-deploy) on project portals-pom: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache.portals:portals-pom:pom:1.4 from/to apache.releases.https (https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2):
Failed to transfer file: https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/portals/portals-pom/1.4/portals-pom-1.4.pom.
Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized. -> [Help 1]

I can commit to subversion, so that should not be a problem. Perhaps the error above is simply
a Maven settings.xml server setting …