community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: commit rights to ComDev non-community.a.o site resources
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:57:06 GMT

On 03/16/2015 04:21 AM, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
> One doesn't exclude the other. I'd first like us to establish whether committership to
the ComDev code is by invitation only or open to all existing Apache committers (which I'd
prefer).

A while ago, the topic of "universal commit bit" was discussed at some
length. I, and many of the people here, were very much in favor of this
idea, but leaving the decision to the individual projects.

As ComDev, we should be setting an example for the Foundation,
encouraging welcoming community behavior.

So, yeah, I'm +1 to a Universal Commit Bit on anything that ComDev works
on, whether it's code or docs.

What's the worst that can happen? Someone commits something crappy, and
we revert it. That's why we have revision control.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon