community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Code shutting down Jan 2016
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:55:56 GMT
On 12/03/2015 Roger and Beth Whitcomb wrote:
> I was involved at one point on behalf of Pivot (where we have several
> projects), and Andrea Pescetti on behalf of Open Office was also
> involved (since they have a bunch of stuff there).  But things have gone
> quiet for about 2 months.  There was a second prototype that looked
> pretty good (to us).  But, I don't know the state of things now.

It was not me personally, but the OpenOffice project as a whole. We are
now using http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ in the
OpenOffice trunk and it works for us (our needs are limited to storage
of some optional build dependencies; for the record, Github won't allow
that).

http://sourceforge.net/directory/apache_extras is the link to the latest
proposal for an ASF-wide replacement. There was little interest all
times the matter was discussed on this list, so OpenOffice just moved on
and started using the SourceForge space.

Regards,
   Andrea.