community-dev mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Google Code shutting down Jan 2016
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:08:41 GMT
I was involved at one point on behalf of Pivot (where we have several
projects), and Andrea Pescetti on behalf of Open Office was also
involved (since they have a bunch of stuff there).  But things have gone
quiet for about 2 months.  There was a second prototype that looked
pretty good (to us).  But, I don't know the state of things now.

~Roger Whitcomb
VP Apache Pivot

On 3/12/15 1:55 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> Ahhh... I see no that's just code for I don't have time, but these folks have shown interest
;-)

> I'm happy to help make sure we hit this deadline, but I'm not driving it.
>
> Ross

were actively part of a group driving this.

> Jim, do you have any updates on the current status?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uli
>
> On 2015-03-12 21:40, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>> Moving board@ to BCC
>>
>> I am *not* working on it. I have no idea who said I was (I do hope it
>> wasn't me!)
>>
>> All I know is that Jim, David and Roberto are working on it, I don't
>> know how actively but it is now a priority.
>>
>> I believe Jim is involved wearing his ComDev hat so (with his
>> agreement) you can look to him for those updates. David is wearing his infra hat
and Roberto wears his SF hat.

>> Ross
>>
>> Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc. A subsidiary of Microsoft
>> Corporation
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Ulrich Stärk
>> [mailto:uli@spielviel.de] Sent: Thursday, March 12,
>> 2015 1:36 PM To: dev@community.apache.org Cc: board@apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down Jan 2016
>>
>> We reported about apache extras in September and November and both
>> times we were told that Jim, Ross, David and Roberto were working on
>> it. Some time in October David asked for feedback on a proof of concept, no news
since then.

>> Can you shed some light on who is driving this atm?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Uli
>>
>> On 2015-03-12 21:22, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>>> Today Google announced that Google Code will be shutting down Jan 25, 2016.
>>>
>>> We need to create a replacement for Apache-extras. Can we please make
>>> sure that progress on this is reported in the ComDev board report each quarter.
>>>
>>> I suggest the starting point should be to expand discussions with
>>> SourceForge, they have offered neighborhoods in the past. David, with
>>> his infra hat, has been exploring options for download provision already (I'm
not sure of the current status).