community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Replace projects.apache.org with projects-new.apache.org
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:35:33 GMT

On 2015-03-08 19:33, Hitesh Shah wrote:
> Thanks for the info, Daniel. Updated. In terms of keeping project info updated, is this
info along with all the release info, etc. being pulled from the project DOAP files? If not,
do we still need to maintain them?
No, if/when projects.apache.org gets replaced with the new system, you
do not need to maintain doap files.
As for the data update, I did see you push the save button a few times
there ;). Your browser probably caches the json objects for N minutes,
which is why you did not notice that the data had indeed been updated.
Once we move this to a faster TLS terminator, we can look at updating
JSON objects more often within browsers.

With regards,
Daniel

> Do I need to do anything additional for it to show up in the listing on https://projects-new.apache.org/projects.html
or will something eventually kick in to add it to the index?
> https://projects-new.apache.org/project.html?tez seems to show my updates.
>
> thanks
> — Hitesh
>
> On Mar 7, 2015, at 2:12 AM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Hitesh,
>> log onto https://projects-new.apache.org/edit/ and go to the bottom. Pick 'tez' as
the PMC and nothing as the sub-project name, click the button and start typing :) That will
create a tez.json file that the site will then use.

>> With regards,
>> Daniel.
>>
>> On 2015-03-07 04:56, Hitesh Shah wrote:
>>> Same question for Apache Tez. How do we need to fix the new website to show the
Tez project?