community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Reporter Service
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 23:08:38 GMT

On 2015-03-04 00:04, Lefty Leverenz wrote:
> Kudos, Daniel!  Great idea.
>
> Question 1:  How can RMs add release data if they aren't PMC members?
>   (This might be answered by your most recent message.)
They can't, which is why the email sent to people that push to dist says
to contact a PMC member to add a release.
They can, if you use JIRA, push a release tag there and have a PMC just
auto-update the lot once every quarter.

> Questions 2 & 3:  Do the chart timelines advance week-by-week or
> month-by-month?  How often is the template refreshed?  The #emails sent "in
> the past 3 months" and "in the previous cycle" confused me -- does a cycle
> mean a reporting cycle or just a moving 3-month period?
Charts advance weekly. The comparison is not related to the reporting
cycle, but is always the past 3 months compared to the 3 before that.
If you use the service a few days before submitting a board report, the
data should be accurate :)

> As a longer-term suggestion, could the submitted reports get pumped back
> into the Apache Reporter Service and displayed for public access, charts
> and all?  'Cuz I'm naturally curious about other projects.
All board reports are public on the foundation web site already.

With regards,
Daniel.