community-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Apache Reporter Service
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:44:30 GMT
Thanks Daniel,

That's quite clear

Jacques

Le 03/03/2015 16:55, Daniel Gruno a écrit :
> Hi Jacques,
> I tried to pull in as much information as I could about LDAP changes, but sadly, we have
not kept track of new committers being added to a project
> in the same way we keep track of PMC additions, hence this behavior on the site. There's
no fix for this currently, BUT it will correct itself when
> you add a new committer as it is now checking LDAP records daily for changes. You can
just ignore that bit for now (till you get a new committer
> again), and edit that out in your report, should you choose to use the template provided.
>
> With regards,
> Daniel.
>
> On 2015-03-03 16:51, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>
>> That's pretty cool, just as a note, the OFBiz project shows that no committers has
been added since September when we had 4 new committers in
>> December, can we change that?
>>
>> I will add the releases we have at http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html
>>
>> Jacques
>>

>> Le 03/03/2015 11:50, Daniel Gruno a écrit :
>>> Hi folks,
>>> as some of you will have noticed, either by the commits I just made or conversations
going on elsewhere, I have started work on a new helper
>>> system for PMCs called the Apache Reporter Service. This is sort of an external
addition to Whimsy, and shows various statistics and data for
>>> projects, designed to aid chairs (and other lurkers) in viewing and compiling
data for board reports.

>>> The system is now live at: https://reporter.apache.org - you will need to be
a PMC member of a project to view this site, and you will - in
>>> general - only be shown data for projects where you are on the PMC.
>>>
>>> The system will show you:
>>> - Your next report date and the chair of the project
>>> - PMC and committership changes over the past 3 months, as well as latest additions
if >3 months ago
>>> - The latest releases done this quarter (if added by RMs)
>>> - Mailing list statistics: number of subscribers as well as number of emails
sent this quarter and the previous

in the URL, for instance: https://reporter.apache.org/?apr would
>>> navigate directly to the Apache Portable Runtime project if you are on that PMC
(or a member of the foundation).

>>> The report mock-up is meant as a help only, not a canonical template for board
reports. Vital items, such as community activity and board issues
>>> are intentionally left for the reporter (chair) to fill out, and heaven help
the woman/man who submits a report with these fields left as default ;).

>>> Later today, I plan to enable the distribution watching part of this service,
which will send reminders to anyone who pushes a release, that they
>>> should (not required, but if they want to!) add their release data to the system,
so as to help others using the system to get an overview of the
>>> status of any given project.
>>>
>>> I have already gotten a lot of really useful feedback, but if you see something
you'd like to change, either shoot me an email here on the comdev