community-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:00:20 GMT
Just a quick question on this.
Seeing that there will be some members of ComDev as well as PMCs at ApacheCon, is it likely
that any in-person mentoring/hackathon/MeetUps/* will take place there?
I know it's not common practice for GSoC, but I was curious if we'd be open to anything like
that. Humans huddling and all...
Thanks,Sally
      From: Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org>
 To: dev@community.apache.org
Cc: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>; "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
 Sent: Thursday, 12 March 2015, 15:49
 Subject: Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015

Hi Sally,
I am sure Ross and few others from ComDev will also be there at ApacheCon and should be able
to provide details on GSoC at ASF. I will be there as well and also have a talk accepted on
the same topic - http://sched.co/2P6f
Please let me know if you would like to promote anything specific on GSoC, I will be happy
to help and will appreciate your efforts.
Suresh