community-dev mailing list archives

From Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Replace projects.apache.org with projects-new.apache.org
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:49:23 GMT
Le mardi 10 mars 2015 13:32:26 Rich Bowen a écrit :
> On 03/06/2015 11:52 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > I'd like for us to go ahead and replace projects.apache.org with
> > projects-new.apache.org. It now has all the functionality that
> > projects.a.o has, and much more, and there's no reason to have two sites
> > up. If you object to moving forward with this, please say so.
> >
> > [ ] +1, do it
> > [ ] +0, whatevs
> > [ ] -1, No (and say why, so we can address the problem)
>
> I'm going to call this a "yes" vote overall, with a few nits
+1

one more thing: when we switch projects-new to projects, it would be useful to
have old projects switched to projects-old, since there are still parts that
are useful or to be integrated to the new site (see Feeds, DOAP Files and
Documentation sections)

> that have been addressed.
-1 I sent patches but they were not applied

> Thank you all for your thoughts. Thanks, Daniel, for
> your work on this. And with all the folks that have said they'll get
> checkouts and hack on it, we should have much wonderment real soon.
Can I get commit access (without being PMC member)?

I'd like to add an "about" folder equivalent to
https://projects.apache.org/references.html, and with a reference to
http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#comdev

Notice: shouldn't comdev be added to projects-new as 6th "special committee"?

Regards,

Hervé