community-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:13:59 GMT
Greg,

I'd like to put a placeholder for a quote for you in the announcement as well (the lead quote
will be coming from Uli).

How would you like to have your attribution described in relation to GSoC? "ASF Vice Chairman
and @@WHATEXACTLY"

Of course, I'll be happy to get a quote directly from you (vs. having to de-Sally-fy my proposed
blurb) :-)

If you don't want to be quoted, that's OK; I can use Ross as backup.

Thanks so much,

Sally

________________________________
From: Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com>
To: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
Cc: Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de>; "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>; "dev@community.apache.org"
<dev@community.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, 13 March 2015, 17:22
Subject: Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015

The very first year was 2005. Thus, 2015 would be the 11th GSoC.

As one of the two people to launch/create GSoC, you can call me authoritative on the dates
:-P

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:

Whaaaaat?

>Really? I had it in the "Did You Know?" section last week as 10th also.
>

>AND, more importantly, if my calculations are off, then in
>
>https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/date/20141119
>

>the 2013 entry as "eighth consecutive year" is wrong too.
>
>Who has the correct count? It really is 11? Not that I don't trust you, I now am feeling
quite lost.

>Cheers,
>Sally
>
>________________________________

from ComDev will be at ApacheCon? Are you planning to do something special there?
>> Cheers,Sally

Google Summer of Code 2012
>>> Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:21:40 +0100
>>> From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de>
>>> To: press@apache.org
>>> CC: dev@community.apache.org
>>>
>>> Hey Sally & Co.,
>>>
>>> this year we won't forget to provide you with some infos on our GSoC endeavours.
Yesterday, we have
>>> been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015 [1],[2].
This means that