community-dev mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:14:21 GMT
Got it. Just thought that since we have an opportunity to socialize, that we could do something.

Thanks for following up on this, Uli! I'll get the draft to you this weekend.

Chat soon,
Sally

----- Original Message -----
From: Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de>
To: dev@community.apache.org
Cc: "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, 13 March 2015, 17:11
Subject: Re: ASF accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2015

Hi Sally,

probably not. Accepted student projects will only be announced on April 27, long after ApacheCon
is
over.

Cheers,

Uli

On 2015-03-13 22:00, Sally Khudairi wrote:
> Just a quick question on this.
> Seeing that there will be some members of ComDev as well as PMCs at ApacheCon, is it
likely that any in-person mentoring/hackathon/MeetUps/* will take place there?
> I know it's not common practice for GSoC, but I was curious if we'd be open to anything
like that. Humans huddling and all...
> Thanks,Sally

be able to provide details on GSoC at ASF. I will be there as well and also have a talk accepted
on the same topic - http://sched.co/2P6f
> Please let me know if you would like to promote anything specific on GSoC, I will be
happy to help and will appreciate your efforts.
> Suresh
>

> On Mar 12, 2015, at 1:59 PM, Ulrich Stärk <uli@spielviel.de> wrote:
> Perfect, thanks!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Uli
>
> On 2015-03-12 18:57, Sally Khudairi wrote:
>
> Got it. OK.
>
> Let me pull something together and get back to you in a day or so. Does that work for
you?

> Cheers,
> Sally

March 27,