community-dev mailing list archives

From David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Using id.apache.org
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 23:29:53 GMT

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 4:07 PM, David S Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>

> I don’t, but I thought failing to ssh to people.apache.org <http://people.apache.org/>
was for the same reason as to why I cannot upload trying to publish a release candidate, I
get an unauthorized error

> [INFO] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy
(default-deploy) on project portals-pom: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact
org.apache.portals:portals-pom:pom:1.4 from/to apache.releases.https (https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2
<https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2>): Failed to transfer
file: https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/portals/portals-pom/1.4/portals-pom-1.4.pom
<https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/portals/portals-pom/1.4/portals-pom-1.4.pom>.
Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase: Unauthorized. -> [Help 1]

> I can commit to subversion, so that should not be a problem. Perhaps the error above
is simply a Maven settings.xml server setting …

I added an entry for apache.releases.https to my settings.xml and the release candidate has
released to Nexus correctly.
So seems I don’t need ssh to release. Sorry, its been a while since I did a releas. Thanks
for your help