community-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: ACNA Presentation Template
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:00:24 GMT
@Rich,

http://templates.openoffice.org/en/search?search_api_views_fulltext=apachecon&sort_by=created&sort_order=ASC

Has too many choices.  Please tell me which one. I'm only doing one.

And this one is from ACEU 2014,

http://people.apache.org/~nick/NickTemplateACEU14.odp

(but only 255kb). I wouldn't want to be color-blind in a presentation with this one, even
though avoiding white screen is nice.  It also looks like the Notes pages are screwy, if that
matters.

I'm not a designer and it is important for people to say what they consider important to preserve
in the ACNA 2015 version.  And it looks like time (and my capacity) is short.  I am just the
one foolish enough to raise their hand to get this off the dime.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 06:27
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; dev@community.apache.org; 'Melissa Warnkin'
Subject: Re: ACNA Presentation Template

On 03/19/2015 01:16 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Jeepers,
>
> OK, I put the request on dev-openoffice and there were no bites.
>
> Somebody, send the last one to me and I will see what I can do with it.  It would help
to know what is particularly liked about the last one so I don't muck it up.

http://templates.openoffice.org/en/search?search_api_views_fulltext=apachecon&sort_by=created&sort_order=ASC

and also

http://people.apache.org/~nick/NickTemplateACEU14.odp

Also, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201411.mbox/browser
for discussion of the differences between the two, and the fact that,
apparently, one of them is 14MB, and what to do about it.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon