community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Schedule
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 16:37:51 GMT
On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, jan i wrote:
>> If we still have that community slot, and/or one appears with at least 2
>> weeks notice...
>>
> Ross has promised to fill it with a talk not in CFP.

Great if so!

>> Currently, we have a "traditional" Apache Way talk in the schedule. There
>> has been some debate about the format of a newer one. As long as someone
>> else is willing to help out, I'd be willing to re-title the current one as
>> "The Apache Way - The Theory", then work to put together a second one "The
>> Apache Way - The Practice", covering the topics from that earlier discussion
>
> This could be quite interesting, I would like to be one of those asking
> questions in the second part :-)

OK, let's say I'll do it with help from others if another slot opens up
in the community track (cancellation etc). If not, I'll host a barcamp
session in Austin, where we can all collaborate on fleshing out Ross's
ideas, which can be used as the basis for an "Apache Way - The Practice"
talk for Europe 2015!

Nick