community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Way talks
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 16:47:32 GMT
On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> There is value in these sessions, some people are completely new and we
> probably should still schedule them. However, I think we ought to do
> some new stuff along the lines of:
>
> How is the ASF different from other foundations?
> Why should I bring my project to Apache?
> How can I get paid to work on Apache projects?
> How do I build a business around apache software?
> Why doesn't the ASF pay for software development?
> Why, after 15 years, do people see the ASF as a desirable place to take software?
> Why does the ASF have a reputation for bureaucracy amongst the younger GitHub crowd?
> Just what rules are immutable in the ASF?

Looks a great list to me!

My only comment is that these look like the titles of all the sessions
from a Community Track[1], rather than the parts of an abstract for just
one talk. Is that what you had in mind? Or do you think we can really fit
all of that into a single session?

Nick

[1] Or even a whole conference! Say, called something like Transfer
     Summit? ;-)