community-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FOSDEM 2016
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 15:14:25 GMT

On Feb 4, 2015, at 4:11 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 02/04/2015 09:49 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
>> Had I known upfront it was held in Brussels and the last few days (yes, I
>> had to look it up), I would have popped over as it is only an hour's drive
>> away.
>>
>> Where will the next be held and when?
>

> Always first weekend of February, always in Brussels at the ULB (http://www.ulb.ac.be/)
It is a two day (Sat, Sun) event, but there are numerous events that orbit it, both before
and after, both in Brussels and in surrounding cities, so it is a VERY high-bandwidth time
to be in the area.

> Upwards of 4000 geeks in attendance. Very community focused (as opposed to the corporate
focus of may events like OSCON) and one of the oldest free software events in the world -
may be the oldest. Event is free. And there are always lots of ASF people in attendance, although
not usually wearing their Apache 'hats'.

probably the best open source conference in the world. free, no corporate sponsorship visible.
super community focused.
All rooms are packed...