community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheCon] Keeping notes
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:29:32 GMT
Both Rich and Jan have made the same point: We need to better job of communicating our desire
for the LF to run free - this is my personal takeaway here

I'm not concerned about ApacheCon becoming "unapache" - that's why we chose the LF and I believe
that's the value LF see in ApacheCon. Their overall mission in this regard is aligned with
our own.

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 1:42 PM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ApacheCon] Keeping notes

On 02/18/2015 04:28 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> However, I do think LF need to set a tone for the event. What tracks do they want (meaning
what will sell). They need to market the event (actually sell it). They need to provide the
infrastructure support to enable our volunteers to deliver without burning out.

These are expectations that we simply need to do a better job of communicating with them when
we sit down with them in Austin. I think they are doing their best to satisfy the expectations
that we have communicated, and we need to communicate better. I think, in retrospect, I spent
too much time talking about how things used to be, and not enough time saying that it's their
job to set the tone going forward.

--Rich

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com - @rbowen http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon