community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Creation of Apache Zest Provisional TLP
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 19:59:02 GMT
Dropping board to BCC.

Note that:

> > If ComDev is going to host this stuff, then ComDev should have the say
> > in what the actual requirements are.
>
> Absolutely! And right now I'm personally volunteering my cycles to help with that within
the ComDev framework.

Is exactly the kind of requirements creep I was cautioning about. On the board list I was
told, loudly and clearly, that ComDev would not be responsible for anything but hosting. Now
the PMC is responsible for "the actual requirements". ComDev is not and (IMHO) should not
be the IPMC.

There is a lack of clarity in what is being requested. If it's a place to put content then
fine. If it’s a back-door replacement of the IPMC then I'm -1.

To try and boil this down to something concrete let me ask a question: What *exactly* is the
content we are talking about?

If its best practice that refers to appropriate process documentation managed by some other
PMC then it fits here. If it's process documentation then it does not fit.

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation