community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] Keeping notes
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 21:41:53 GMT

On 02/18/2015 04:28 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> However, I do think LF need to set a tone for the event. What tracks do they want (meaning
what will sell). They need to market the event (actually sell it). They need to provide the
infrastructure support to enable our volunteers to deliver without burning out.

These are expectations that we simply need to do a better job of
communicating with them when we sit down with them in Austin. I think
they are doing their best to satisfy the expectations that we have
communicated, and we need to communicate better. I think, in retrospect,
I spent too much time talking about how things used to be, and not
enough time saying that it's their job to set the tone going forward.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon