community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Knowing which talks are already claimed by another ApacheCon track?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 20:29:07 GMT

On 02/16/2015 11:49 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to finalise the Content Technologies track for Austin, but
> I'm struggling to know which talks have already been "claimed" by other
> tracks. Some of the ones I want to include have review comments which
> suggest they might have been, and some I'd just guess might be. I can't
> seem to see anything conclusive in the review app though.
>
> For the ones overlapping with Science&Healthcare, I'm getting round this
> by having the chair of that track just mark up my google doc spreadsheet
> with the talks he's already claimed, which just-about works but may not
> scale! Is there a more general way I can see what other track chairs are
> planning to take?
>
> (If not, I can just send my list of talks, and hope for the best...)

Yeah, that's why I've asked folks to post their proposed tracks here --
because there's no good way to do this in the CFP itself. I hope that by
the next event there will be a "track chair" access level, where people
can claim tracks.

Better yet, if we can persuade LF to open source the CFP system ...

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon