community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon NA CFP closed
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 14:05:02 GMT

On 02/03/2015 03:37 PM, Phil Steitz wrote:
> Right.  One thing that might help would be to push back the CFP
> close date, so there is more time between content selected and the
> event itself.

It's really important that if there are concrete suggestions like this
(thanks, Phil) that we make sure that they are focused on ApacheCon
Europe 2015, rather than ACNA, which is already 'en train'. That is, we
need to be sure that this isn't merely a post mortem, but that it makes
a difference to the upcoming event.

We have dates and a venue for AC EU, but haven't announced them yet
because we don't want to distract and confuse the ACNA message.

More on ACEU in the coming days - trying really hard to focus on just
the one event.

Also, sorry for not keeping up with this thread. FOSDEM is always a
whirlwind.

--Rich

p.s. If you want to review talks, ping me. If you want to chat about
ApacheCon, get on #apachecon on Freenode. Thanks so much for everyone
that has stepped up to help.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon