community-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http://vps2.semesterofcode.com/ (something like GSoC)
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 23:39:05 GMT
Jan,

> On 09-02-2015, at 03:36, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> For info I have registred ASF at vps2, so we can create projects.
>
> The principle is much the same as GSoC, the biggest difference is that
> students
> get academic points instead of money.
>
> If anybody wants to register a project (we are a bit late for this spring),
> please contact me, and
> I will add you to ASF in vps2.
>
> If somebody wants to be a organisation admin (for ASF), please sent me an
> email, currently I am the only volunteer.
>
> rgds
> jan i.

I’d like to find out more. I read over the link—thanks! I’d not known about it—and
would be happy to volunteer admin hours, but not sure what is required. I have previously
managed GSoC at OOo, as well as our own better funded equivalents. But each programme differs.

For instance, this one obviously presents itself as an occasion for outreach.

louis