community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [maturity] QU40 - backwards compatibility, change or remove?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:32:03 GMT
Hi,

There were several comments about QU40 in the
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ApacheProjectMaturityModel draft,
which currently reads

  QU40
  The project puts a high priority on backwards compatibility and aims
to document
  any incompatible changes and provide tools and documentation to help users
  transition to new features.

Thinking about it, this is probably too much for the kind of generic
maturity model that we are after.

Shall we remove it, or do people have a better idea?

Maybe something more generic such as "the project's quality goals (for
example in terms of backwards compatibility, platform independence and
automated test coverage) are clearly documented"? I'd like to include
something about our general goal of producing quality software,
without being too specific.

-Bertrand