community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:35:05 GMT
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> ...*historically*, when this kind of thing has happened (project implements,
> thing becomes critical), gradually it becomes the responsibility of Infra,
> not of the project, to do ongoing maintenance....

Yes, this is why I'm reluctant to encourage any initiative that
requires our infrastructure team to support new tools. And I suspect
infra shares that reluctance ;-)

That being said, it's always a question of benefits vs. costs - but if
a simple thing using technologies that every web developer is supposed
to know works the choice is a no-brainer for me.

-Bertrand