community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject A maturity model for Apache projects
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 17:28:46 GMT

Creating such a model has been on my todo list for ages, and in a
related discussion on board@ people seem to agree that having this can
be useful.

So let's start - here's my rough initial list of items:

Code: open, discoverable, fully public history, documented provenance
Quality: security, backwards compatibility, etc
Contributions: welcome from anyone based on technical quality
License: Apache License, dependencies must not put additional restrictions
Community: inclusive, meritocratic, no dictators, clear documented path to entry
Discussions and decisions: asynchronous, in a single central place, archived
Decision making: consensus, votes if needed, technical vetoes in the worst case
Independence: from any corporate or organizational influence
Releases: source code only, notices, long-lived release format

Related efforts, inspiration:

View raw message