community-dev mailing list archives

From Arpit Agarwal <agarwal7...@gmail.com>
Subject Google Summer of Code 2015 Under Apache Software Foundation
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:32:26 GMT
Hello,
I am a B.tech student from Computer Science and information technology
branch. As a part of GSoC 2015 program i would like to do the project
under Apache. It will be a great learning experience under Apache
mentors. I am a Java programmer but i haven't contributed to Apache
projects and to any open source organization yet. But i am a quick
learner and some of the projects at Apache have interested me and i am
looking to contribute in the same. But is the amount of contribution
of a particular individual considered for that student  to be a part
of GSoC program or the development knowledge is taken into account. I
am asking this as i haven't contributed yet. But any suggestions as to
which project i must start will be valuable for me.

thanks,