community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:36:48 GMT
This requires that infra maintain a running instance of OfBiz and that any ComDev member who
wants to help out needs to learn OfBiz. Have you consulted with infra? Can ComDev members
be expected to learn OfBiz in order to make a small tweak?

It seems to me that whilst the extra functionality discussed here would be very valuable there
is a much steeper path to build g something maintainable.

I'd like to see approach this as a separate proposal from projects.apache.org work. OFbiz
is likely to be useful to the Board and various foundation commitees and for this reason I
don't see ComDev as being the right home or projects.apache.org being the right target.

As I said when you originally raised this I would recommend focusing on a committee that tracks
other data, data that is not currently well structured. Trademarks, media, fundraising and
whimsy.apache.org are all examples.

Ross

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Pierre Smits<mailto:pierre.smits@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎1/‎14/‎2015 5:29 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
Subject: Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal

I agree with Daniel that (several) ASF pages could do with an overhaul to
make them more up-to-date regarding usebility and functionality.

This is inline with what I said earlier in a thread in this mailing list
(see:
http://community.markmail.org/message/a73m7slgtqtso3gs?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Ecommunity%2Edev+from:%22Pierre+Smits%22+ofbiz),
with regards how OFBiz could support the ASF. Think managing the projects,
their contributors and the PMC, as well as iCLA and CCL registration, etc.

See also the online storage of a presentation of a mockup that I
communicated earlier, via this link:
http://www.slideshare.net/pierresmits/ofbiz-4-the-asf

Such screens as are proposed by Daniel could be integrated.

With regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com/>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-