community-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan Agrawal <sharan.agra...@outlook.com>
Subject Inquiry regarding GSOC Projects at Apache Software Foundation
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 15:28:12 GMT

Hi,
I am a student pursuing Bachelors of Technology in Computer Science from Jamia Millia Islamia,
Delhi, India. I am enthusiastic about working on projects to solve latest problems in computer
science. I have read about some of the projects done by students as a part of GSOC(Google
Summer of Code) under Apache and they really excite me. I believe that pursuing a project
under the guidance of the acclaimed mentors from Apache Software Foundation will be a great
learning experience for me and hence I want to apply for the same.I have implemented a number
of projects using C, C++, Python, Groovy over Grails, PHP, HTML, CSS and worked with databases
like MySQL and PostgreSQL. Some of my significant projects include: Knowledge extraction using
machine learning methods Student 'Moodle'(Portal) in  PHPRestaurant Order Management System
in COnline Consent Management and Monitoring System in Groovy over GrailsCryptex Online Treasure
Hunt game in PHPI strongly believe that the knowledge and experience gained from these projects
will assist me in pursuing challenging projects at Apache Software Foundation.I will be thankful
and delighted if you could suggest me some projects which will be relevant according to my
experience. I am open to learning new technologies in case they are required for a project.Thanks
and Regards,Sharan Agrawal