community-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: non-technical volunteer?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:36:30 GMT
Hi all, but especially Claude (and your spouse):

Apache OpenOffice needs contributors of all sorts and not just technical, near-technical or
technophilic. We need, we want those who can do… just about anything you, your spouse and
everyone else considers worthwhile and able to be developed by a community that's very global.

Go here. to the "get involved" page: http://openoffice.apache.org/get-involved.html

The left navbar also has other useful links. And, as with other Apache projects, it's the
mail lists where people are most themselves.

Cheers,
Louis

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:29, Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Lewis.  Hi Claude!
> I currently do not have any projects that I could use volunteer efforts on; however,
I would love to have your wife contact me directly at ea@apache.org to chat with her for possible
future collaborations.
> Thank you so much - have a great day!
> ~Melissa

list in the hope that someone can chime in and potentially find a useful and interesting position
for your wife to spend her time.I've also CC'd Melissa Warnkin the Foundation's EA. Melissa
usually has excellent ideas and also potential areas where she could use a hand.Thank you
kindly folks for any feedback to Claude.Lewis

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Claude Warren <claude@xenei.com> wrote:
>

> Lewis,
>
> Are there any volunteer positions for people that want to assist with Apache convention
planning but need to do it remotely.  My wife is interested in exploring such volunteer positions,
though she is also open to other opportunities.  Is there some place that lists non-technical
opportunities?