community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Austin "content committee" deadlines
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:53:16 GMT
On 08/12/2014 Rich Bowen wrote:
> The earlier you communicate to this list, or to me, how many day/tracks
> you expect to be able to fill, the better. (One day/track is 6 talks,
> except on closing day, when it's probably 5 due to keynotes and
> lightning talks and whatnot.)
> I expect to fill two day/tracks with httpd/web/tomcat/trafficserver stuff.

Update from OpenOffice: despite having identified more than a dozen
subjects
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50855951 that
would make for an excellent track, we have been unable to identify
speakers so far. Dozens of reminder e-mails haven't helped. I think the
problem is more related to attendance (only a few committers will be there).

We may get a few last-minute speakers, but I think (and Kay can probably
confirm, being the person who sent countless invitations and reminders
to the dev and announce lists) that at best OpenOffice will cover the
handful of talks needed for a one-day track.

Regards,
   Andrea.