community-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mailinglists - a tool from the 90s?
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:56:45 GMT
On 18.01.2015 19:23, Phil Steitz wrote:
> One thing that I agree is a shame is the deterioration of mail clients
> and archive search tools. Gmail is a disaster. I personally use
> Thunderbird for all ASF lists. I also use markmail a lot for
> searching, as it is superior to what we have internally.

Hear hear. Google messed up royally with GMail. Thunderbird is the last
mail client that even tries to be useful and conformant ... the one
before that was mutt. Considering how long e-mail has been around, this
is a major disaster.

The problem with e-mail is not that it's "90's technology", it's that
most people use clients that are apparently designed to be as bad and
useless as possible. This trend started with Outlook ... and I'm
disgusted that Google followed in Microsoft's steps in this respect.

-- Brane