community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject New ComDev VM (was: Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 08:07:25 GMT
Hiya folks,
as part of trying out the new projects site, I have set up a VM inside
our infrastructure for us to use.
the VM is called projects-vm.apache.org and is tied to LDAP much like
people.apache.org is these days, thus you will need to have your public
ssh key in your LDAP profile in order to gain access. If you do have
that set up, and would like to access to the machine (some of you
already have access, others don't), just send me a line and I'll open up
access for you.

The projects VM is set up to serve content via httpd, but only to the
TLS-terminator nyx-ssl.apache.org (thus you will get a 403 Denied if you
visit the VM's web site directly). To get to the test site, use
https://projects-new.apache.org/ . Similar, to try out the (very simple)
editing features, use https://projects-new.apache.org/edit/ (requires
your LDAP username+password and allows you to edit data for those
projects where you are on the PMC).

If you try out the editing features, do not that every edit you do will
generate an email with the new project data and send it to
dev@community.a.o, as a review measure.

I hope this will make it easier for people to jump in and help with
creating the site :)

With regards,
Daniel.

On 2015-01-14 18:53, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> There is no "assuming" just do it :-)
>
> You have a number of ComDev PMC members saying +1, and you are a PMC member yourself.
Let's have the code where we can start working on it and let's get it to feature parity with
projects.apache.org ASAP. I agree with Rich that there is value in this already.

> This is not to exclude the much broader OfBiz proposal, but it looks to me like this
solution is close to being ready to go as a replacement for projects.apache.org and I already
see some simple improvements I can make in a coffee break at work :-)

> Ross

into comdev, you needn't worry about doap files any longer, as you will be able to edit it
online instead.