community-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:37:46 GMT
Just as a note for the sake of truth, OFBiz has Content component http://projects.apache.pw/projects.html?category#content

I very like what I saw, kudos!

Jacques

Le 14/01/2015 12:48, Daniel Gruno a écrit :
> Hi folks,
> I was having a conversation with Rich (Bowen) some weeks ago, and the sentiment was that
our projects page ( projects.apache.org
> <http://projects.apache.org> ) could use a big overhaul. It's outdated, not very
user friendly, doesn't really compile the data into anything useful
> (mostly just displays "raw" data) and it's difficult to navigate (no search abilities,
no actual overviews).

> Therefore, I propose that the community development project takes over this project from
Infra, which has no interest in continuing/maintaining it,
> and revamps it with both a new site design and a new LDAP/JSON-based information system
which would enable people to edit their project details
> online without having to upload/change RDF files when something happens. This would also
mean that everything could be rendered in the browser
> instead of relying on daily cron jobs to compile the page, and also allow us to add some
inspiring/interesting graphical charts and

at http://projects.apache.pw/ for those interested. Only
> the first two tabs in the menu currently work (and the extensive search feature), but
that is still most of what the old site has and then some. I
> am pondering on moving some of the front page stuff to the 'Timelines' tab instead, feedback
is appreciated on this.

> So, comments, feedback, questions, anything is most welcome, especially comments on whether
you:
> 1) think comdev should be responsible for the projects directory
> 2) think the proposal looks good/swell/nifty/whatever.
>
> A few notes on the search feature:
> - You can search for virtually anything within a project, types, languages, descriptions,
bug-trackers etc
> - Try typing your committer ID or Apache ID into the box, and it will show all projects
you are a part of

> If there is consensus for moving this into comdev framework and collaborating on this,
I will commit the proposal to a sub-folder in the comdev svn