community-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:43:03 GMT

On 2015-01-14 15:39, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>> ...The site itself is 100% static HTML+JavaScript, I haven't added any arcane
>> Lua/PHP/whatever scripts to it ;)....
> Oh no...it's not really ASF if it doesn't have arcane stuff in it that
> no one can maintain after a few months ;-)
>
> Big thanks for your work Daniel, this looks cool!
>
> IIUC you're getting most or all of the data from LDAP? Getting rid of
> our scattered inconsistent sources of information about our projects
> would be fantastic.
Right now, I am getting it from the various public documents we have,
plus the committee info file for the project founding dates, report
cycles and so on. I plan to utilize LDAP for whatever I can scrounge up
via that. Currently, since this was just a privately hosted proposal, I
haven't used LDAP for the data mining, as that is unavailable to me :)
But stuff like committer names/id/affiliations could easily be fetched
via LDAP. At the moment, I fetch it via the generated documents at
people.apache.org, which in turn fetches it from LDAP.

With regards,
Daniel.