community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Poster Session?
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:37:37 GMT

On 01/12/2015 05:20 PM, Claude Warren wrote:
> Has any thought been given to adding poster sessions at ApacheCon?
>
> I think it would be easy to give maximum dimensions and have people simply
> ship posters if they can not attend, or if they just want to do a poster
> only.    ApacheCon staff would affix the poster to the stands and take them
> down after.
>
> In my opinion return of posters should not be offered.
>
> I would be interested in sending a poster if it were available.

We have indeed discussed this a number of times over the years. I'm
generally in favor of the concept, and would love to see someone step up
to make it happen.

I think it's a great way to give people a platform to say something in a
format that is comfortable to them. More formats means more content, one
hopes.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon