community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: A maturity model for Apache projects
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 14:23:01 GMT

On 01/07/2015 04:43 AM, Scott Wilson wrote:
> I think we also need to discuss whether we expect projects to undertake self-evaluation
and reflection, or whether we'd have a process of review involving peers, mentors, shepherds
etc.

No, I absolutely don't want to create another stack of overhead, or Yet
Another hoop to jump through, as you said.

I think "directed self-evaluation" is the way I'd want to go - one or
two persons from ComDev, in conjunction with two or three persons from
the PMC, doing an evaluation. I imagine this as a function of ComDev,
not of the board. That is, it's a community/project strengthening
exercise, not a Big Hammer.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon