community-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Managing zyz.apache.org (was RE: WELCOME to dev@community.apache.org)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 15:29:09 GMT
On 08.01.2015 09:55, Robert Metzger wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If there is sufficient demand, however, that could change - the code that
> would make this possible does exist.
>
> I would like to express demand from the Flink project. svn is a pain to use
> (since we host javadocs and our documentation on our website, the upload
> usually runs for 6+ hours. Probably because its so many files).

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of commit takes 6 hours, and from
where. Shouldn't take that long.

FWIW, nothing's stopping you from hosting javadocs from the VM that
they're built on and just having a link to that on your site. That's
what we do at Subversion, where we have a static web site (using SSI and
svnpubsub), and it avoids a large part of the asf-cms suction.

> Almost all incoming incubator projects are using git nowadays.

"Git's major contribution to software development is the resurrection of
the world's second-worst scripting language." :)

-- Brane