community-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New ComDev VM (was: Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:42:49 GMT
Daniel,
One thing—Apache’s Infra page lists site-dev@ for overhauls that seem to be like what
you are proposing. See

"site-dev@ The site-dev list was formed to allow for discussion of every aspect of the small
number of websites that are centrally managed by the ASF (e.g. /dev/) and for co-ordination
of infrastructure needs and publishing methods for all ASF project websites. Participation
in these lists is NOT limited to committers, but rather to any committer or interested party
invited by a committer (please would the committer send email to site-dev-owner). The list
is normally low volume and aims to discsuss all aspects of the websites, from creation tools
through to look and feel.” at http://apache.org/dev/infra-mail.html.

Doubtless, you’ve already gone over this…
louis

> On 15 Jan 2015, at 03:07, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hiya folks,
> as part of trying out the new projects site, I have set up a VM inside our infrastructure
for us to use.
> the VM is called projects-vm.apache.org and is tied to LDAP much like people.apache.org
is these days, thus you will need to have your public ssh key in your LDAP profile in order
to gain access. If you do have that set up, and would like to access to the machine (some
of you already have access, others don't), just send me a line and I'll open up access for
you.

> The projects VM is set up to serve content via httpd, but only to the TLS-terminator
nyx-ssl.apache.org (thus you will get a 403 Denied if you visit the VM's web site directly).
To get to the test site, use https://projects-new.apache.org/ . Similar, to try out the (very
simple) editing features, use https://projects-new.apache.org/edit/ (requires your LDAP username+password
and allows you to edit data for those projects where you are on the PMC).

with the new project data and send it to dev@community.a.o, as a review measure.

> I hope this will make it easier for people to jump in and help with creating the site
:)

> With regards,
> Daniel.
>
> On 2015-01-14 18:53, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> There is no "assuming" just do it :-)
>>
>> You have a number of ComDev PMC members saying +1, and you are a PMC member yourself.
Let's have the code where we can start working on it and let's get it to feature parity with
projects.apache.org ASAP. I agree with Rich that there is value in this already.

>> This is not to exclude the much broader OfBiz proposal, but it looks to me like this
solution is close to being ready to go as a replacement for projects.apache.org and I already
see some simple improvements I can make in a coffee break at work :-)

>> Ross

into comdev, you needn't worry about doap files any longer, as you will be able to edit it
online instead.