community-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: A maturity model for Apache projects
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:52:17 GMT
+1

Concerning CD10, I think the language of the statement is correct, but the footnote is not
helpful, even though also correct.

I think the problem might be context.  For the footnote, try, "It is ASF policy that all software
created and maintained by an Apache Project is available from the project to the public at
no charge (section 6.3 of http://apache.org/foundation/bylaws.html).  Third-party actions
are governed by the license."

The third-party observation is technically unnecessary, except it deals with the obvious questions
that arise about downstream behavior.

 - Dennis

PS: I confess that I had not observed how much has been done at a.o/dev.  Stuff's happening!
 I will start referring folks to it.  This is a great resource for podlings and first-time
initial committers (and those of us who have not been paying attention).

-----Original Message-----
From: Bertrand Delacretaz [mailto:bdelacretaz@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 06:45
To: Bertrand Delacretaz
Cc: dev
Subject: Re: A maturity model for Apache projects

Hi,

Thanks to everybody who contributed, I think
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ApacheProjectMaturityModel is ready
for prime time, as a first version that might still evolve.

(except maybe Justin's comments about CD10, let's see how you like the
current wording)

I suggest moving it under https://www.apache.org/dev/ alongside
https://www.apache.org/dev/project-requirements which is more about
processes, and link both documents to each other. WDYT?

-Bertrand