community-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:30:48 GMT
+1 from an observer.

There is much to favor in the least that can possibly work, especially since it will inspire
consolidation around requirements and what folks want next without serious front-loading.

Daniel's approach fits that model and delivers something that is visibly maintainable.  The
opportunity to gradually organize and reconcile the dataflows into something that is possibly
more coherent and direct, without throwing big switches anywhere, is even more inspiration
for +1.

 -- Dennis E. Hamilton
    orcmid@apache.org
    dennis.hamilton@acm.org    +1-206-779-9430
    https://keybase.io/orcmid  PGP F96E 89FF D456 628A
    X.509 certs used and requested for signed e-mail

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Gruno [mailto:humbedooh@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 06:19
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: projects.apache.org overhaul proposal

On 2015-01-14 14:40, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 01/14/2015 06:48 AM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> Hi folks,
[ ... ]
> This is really cool stuff, and answers many of the questions that I go
> hunting for every time I do a presentation about the ASF. I'm *sure*
> I'll have feature requests going forward.
>

>> So, comments, feedback, questions, anything is most welcome, especially
>> comments on whether you:
>> 1) think comdev should be responsible for the projects directory
>> 2) think the proposal looks good/swell/nifty/whatever.

[ ... ]
The site itself is 100% static HTML+JavaScript, I haven't added any
arcane Lua/PHP/whatever scripts to it ;).
For the import and maintenance of data such a committer names, reporting
cycles and current chairs, there are 7 small python scripts that convert
existing data to JSON, some of which will need to run as cron jobs.
[ ... ]