community-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: ApacheCon track descriptions
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 22:17:03 GMT
That's exactly the problem Hadrian. Far too many of our projects expect something valuable
to "just emerge". We need to get the PMCs to take ownership. We need speakers from outside
the usual pool.

You sending a few emails will help :-)

Ross

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Hadrian Zbarcea [mailto:hzbarcea@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 2:08 PM
To: dev@community.apache.org
Subject: Re: ApacheCon track descriptions

Geez :). My impression is that some communities just assume it's gonna happen. Let me send
a few email and gauge the interest. If there's enough (which I assume to be the case), I'll
volunteer.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 12/12/2014 04:53 PM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> If you arrange it, yes :-)
>
> Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
> A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

track that attracted a decent crowd. Camel, CXF, Karaf some ActiveMQ, (ServiceMix a while
back) were the main attractions. Do we want such a track this time around?

> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On 12/12/2014 11:25 AM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
>> Track organizers you have a small job to do...
>>
>> Sally is working up a marketing campaign to align with ApacheCon. This is a campaign
for the foundation not for ApacheCon itself, however it will run during the push for attendees
and is intended to both ride on the ApacheCon press and contribute to it.

>> In order to help Sally plan this campaign can you please provide a 3-5 sentence description
of your track in the wiki (https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee). Don't
worry about the details. We'll help flesh out a more "marketing friendly" set of words. We
just need some guidance on what your track will contain.

>> As an example here's what I wrote for my cloud track:
>> "The cloud changes everything. The Apache Software Foundation changes everything.
This track will focus on how The Apache Software Foundation and, more specifically, the Apache
projects are often found at the core of the latest and greatest innovations in IT. Sessions
in this track will show how the Apache Way enables the largest and the smallest of companies
to work together to redefine IT. We'll also take a look into the future of cloud computing
and how Apache projects fit into, even defines, that future."