community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Austin keynotes (and other stuff)
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:41:56 GMT
At POSSCON a few years ago, Jessica McKellar of PSF keynoted as
was quite good. Since the PSF took some ASF bits and pieces
to create itself, maybe she would be a great person to contact
and see if she'd like to keynote.

> On Dec 15, 2014, at 12:09 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> Over the coming days, I'm going to be tossing some things onto the list, in the hopes
that someone will have time to step up and take some of these tasks, which I afraid I'm going
to drop if I don't get them written down somewhere. So, here's one of them ...

is at http://markmail.org/message/gmerzm2c7fnzz4at

> I wonder if someone might have time to dig through that thread for names, and, perhaps
contact information that might go with them.

> And we're always looking for additional suggestions, always bearing in mind that diversity
is important, and, as observed at ApacheCon last month, "dudes with beards", and "dudes without
beards" doesn't count as diversity.

> We've got an etherpad going at https://pad.apache.org/p/AustinBrainstorm with a Keynotes
section down at the bottom. It's becoming a bit of a mess, but until we have a better place
to track stuff (maybe an actual doc in svn?) that's where I've been braindumping stuff. (You'll
need ASF LDAP committer credentials to edit that etherpad.)