community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Austin "content committee" deadlines
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 17:21:50 GMT

On 12/08/2014 07:59 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM, <dev-digest-help@community.apache.org>
> wrote:
>

>> The earlier you communicate to this list, or to me, how many day/tracks
>> you expect to be able to fill, the better. (One day/track is 6 talks,
>> except on closing day, when it's probably 5 due to keynotes and lightning
>> talks and whatnot.)
>>
>> I expect to fill two day/tracks with httpd/web/tomcat/trafficserver stuff.
>>

> Are we gathering this content anywhere right now  or is everything on this
> list?
> It would maybe help to get a document opened which people can use to
> propose/organize material?
> Thoughts?
> Thank you
> Lewis

If you would find that helpful, that's fine, but as Jan says, the CFP
needs to be the authoritative source of the actual talk proposals, while
each "track chair" should be prepared to present me with a list of talks
(referencing those talk proposals in the CFP system) that they wish to
be their track.

For both Budapest and Denver, we created a great deal of headache by
having multiple documents that all contradicted one another.

As was mentioned elsewhere on this list, we'll also have, I'm sure many
'extra-track' talks that we'll need to fit in elsewhere in order for
smaller projects to have representation. Ideally, over the next few
events, this will encourage more communities to step up and plan their
own tracks.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon