community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Content tracks vs standalone talks
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:38:15 GMT

On 12/14/2014 04:10 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Hi, I am considering submitting an Apache Cayenne talk for ACNA. To be precise, the talk
will be about building model-driven REST applications with Apache Cayenne and LinkRest (a
framework based on Cayenne, and a potential incubator candidate).

> Following discussion about tracks on this list, I've been wondering where do standalone
talks fit here? Is it imperative to find an appropriate track for the talk, and what happens
if it doesn't cleanly fit anywhere?

> Appreciate guidance/insight on this.

At the moment, we don't have enough tracks to fill all of the space, so
there will be a lot of room remaining for "standalone" talks. However,
if you can affiliate with a track, you'll benefit from additional
marketing efforts, which is good for everyone. Hopefully in the coming
days, we'll have some clear track definition statements, and it might be
more obvious whether one of the tracks is the right home for your talk.
But, if not, yes, we'll have lots of room for these additional talks.

The additional benefit of these standalone talks is that they give a way
for unrepresented projects to have a voice in the event, and that's
awesome, too.

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon