community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon track descriptions
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:34:11 GMT

On 12/12/2014 05:07 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> Geez :). My impression is that some communities just assume it's gonna
> happen. Let me send a few email and gauge the interest. If there's
> enough (which I assume to be the case), I'll volunteer.

Yeah, that's indeed the problem. What we need is people that care about
the content to craft what they believe to be an ideal track, and then
hassle the right people into submitting those talks.

I see that some people are starting to fill out
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee and that's
awesome.

What I'd like to see by early January is a track list (with or without
speaker names), and then by the end of January, we need actual tracks,
with proposal IDs from the CFP system.

In an ideal world, everyone just comes to me with a completed track, and
we schedule it. This means that I'm trusting each of you to have the
pulse of your particular community, and to be getting input from
everyone, so that there's not one person dictating the entire event.

(I've heard one too many "RichBowenCon" jokes already, and I'm really
not interested in being BDFL of this event, despite all appearances.)

I truly want this to be a community event, in all senses - for the
community, by the community.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon