community-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon track descriptions
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 21:49:08 GMT
Not sure if my previous mail made it to the list. We kinda traditionally
had a SOA/integration track that attracted a decent crowd. Camel, CXF,
Karaf some ActiveMQ, (ServiceMix a while back) were the main
attractions. Do we want such a track this time around?

Cheers,
Hadrian

On 12/12/2014 11:25 AM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) wrote:
> Track organizers you have a small job to do...
>
> Sally is working up a marketing campaign to align with ApacheCon. This is a campaign
for the foundation not for ApacheCon itself, however it will run during the push for attendees
and is intended to both ride on the ApacheCon press and contribute to it.

> In order to help Sally plan this campaign can you please provide a 3-5 sentence description
of your track in the wiki (https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA2015ContentCommittee). Don't
worry about the details. We'll help flesh out a more "marketing friendly" set of words. We
just need some guidance on what your track will contain.

> As an example here's what I wrote for my cloud track:
> "The cloud changes everything. The Apache Software Foundation changes everything. This
track will focus on how The Apache Software Foundation and, more specifically, the Apache
projects are often found at the core of the latest and greatest innovations in IT. Sessions
in this track will show how the Apache Way enables the largest and the smallest of companies
to work together to redefine IT. We'll also take a look into the future of cloud computing
and how Apache projects fit into, even defines, that future."