community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCON EU Budapest is history but will forever be remembered.
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 14:56:37 GMT
On 04/12/2014 jan i wrote:
> I read what you are saying, but  we actually sent a lot of mails out, my
> concern is that more mails would just be spam.

Late as usual, I join the group, thanking all people involved for
organizing a great event. And I believe that promotion was absolutely
enough.

> Do you have a suggestion as to how we get the attention of people (PMCs and
> everybody who potentially would/will come) ?

I'm sure that active people (committers, say) who were not in Budapest
explicitly decided not to come. So the problem is not awareness, but
perceived value in the context: these are just invented examples, but
they may have decided not to attend due a busy period, to travel costs,
to the conference fee, to a perception that they wouldn't make enough
business contacts if this was important to them...

Of course I can't guess why others didn't come, but guessing/asking for
that would probably help for future events.

Regards,
   Andrea.