community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: ApacheCON EU Budapest is history but will forever be remembered.
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:19:34 GMT

On 11/21/2014 03:45 PM, jan i wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> As one who participated in apacheCON Budapest and had an awesome week,let
> me simply congratulate Rich Bowen as "mr apacheCON", The Linux Foundation
> Team as producer and everybody who helped make it happen.
>
> To all of you JOB WELL DONE !!!

Amen and amen. Things could hardly have gone better (except if more of
you were there), and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. A huge thank you
to all of the people that worked so hard to make me look good. ;-)

> As I told LF, my only complaint is that I cannot find anything to complain
> about.

In all seriousness, my complaint is that there were so few of us there.
We clearly need to a better job of articulating to our committers and
their employees the value of this event. I will be attempting, over the
coming weeks, to begin to articulate this, in various places, probably
starting with my blog, but also looking for other places to preach the
gospel, and will be looking for your help in doing this.

> ApacheCON seems to use bigger shoes everytime (looking at the foot print),
> so I look forward to see how apacheCON Austin will be even more awesome.
>
> To those of you who was not there.....mark 13th - 17th april 2015 in your
> calendars and come to apacheCON NA in Austin texas.

+1

Start working on your budget folks there to free up some dollars to send
you, and also to sponsor the event. Please see
https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon_north_america_returns_to
for the specific ways that we need your help leading up to Austin.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon