community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Content tracks at ApacheCon Austin
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:51:55 GMT

On 11/24/2014 11:14 AM, Pei Chen wrote:
> Is there any interest in having a category for Healthcare?  Would be
> interesting to see how others use ASF projects to solve different
> healthcare issues.
> Jay (from BigTop/RedHat) and I (cTAKES) were possibly thinking of doing a
> cross project/joint thing on analysis clinical text to demo at Austin...

There's interest if there's content. If you want a track or category,
you need to think in terms of the question "Will someone's manager
approve an expense to travel to Austin for this content." If it's one
talk, it's probably not going to draw an audience all by itself. If it's
3 or more strong talks, paired with supporting technical content in a
related track, then it is.

Sorry to be mercenary - that is, of course, not the only consideration,
but it is a consideration when we do something outside of our usual
content emphases.

--Rich